A Dog's Social Life

It was in high school,
When I learned playing pool,
With my friends from school,
Being together felt cool.

Then we chose subjects,
Computer studies was for intellects,
They started computer projects,
The rest felt like rejects.

But we were friends,
So the showed us computer trades,
We opened emails,
We enjoyed the forwards.

When we finished school,
We no longer played pool,
But we kept emailing,
With time we lost touch.

Most times were spent,
Behind computer screens,
Friendship was laid to rest,
We explored the virtual greens.

Then came social network,
Friendship started coming back,
This time in pokes,
Tags, comments and in-boxes.

The we followed each other,
We got tagged and became buddies,
Friendship was good 2go,
But this too was for a season.

We blocked and reported friends,
We invited and followed strangers,
We became hacking victims,
We also became internet addicts.

Our pool skills died,
High school friends lost touch,
We opted out of social network,
There were no more emails coming,

Now it's just me,
Beside me is a dead computer,
A victim of a virus attack,
The son of a shared file.

Just like a dog pees on trees,
On its way to stray,
So have I peed on my social trees,
I have gone astray.

Like a dog sleeping on its stomach,
With its face deep in its paws,
Hiding the shame of being an outcast,
Reeling from the fangs of lonely feelings.

So do I lie on my laptop mat,
Hiding my face behind the blank screen,
I am also a social outcast,
All this time, I thought I was right,

I was driving to A Dog's Social Life!

1 comment:

  1. you got me nodding and clapping my hands in the library...respect man,you got talent.great work.

    ReplyDelete