I Wonder Father

This poem is for my mother and my brother,
The only family that I have,
The people with whom I share family love.

In my entire life,
I never had a man to emulate,
I never had someone to look up for advice,
No one ever started telling me something with the words, "Son, one day you will..."
Nobody,
Nobody ever came to visit me to school spotting a beard and holding a newspaper,
Nobody ever told me to face this world like a man,
Mother never knew these things,
There I was,
Out in the world,
Running up and down,
Making mistakes,
That I am paying for up to now,
Because I never had a map,
I don't blame you father,
I don't hate you either,
I just wonder,
Why did you have to leave us with mother?
Would you want me to becomes a father like you?
I just wonder Father,
I really wonder.

© Mr. Reality Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment